Here’s how to get connected. Check our current service area to see if you can get service, then contact us to make an appointment to install a router and make sure you’ll receive service that meets your needs. Next we’ll set you up with a day for you to come in and subscribe, or we can come to your home if necessary.
Newport Wireless Mesh provides its subscribers with reliable low cost internet access. It is currently available in monthly or yearly subscriptions.
The current monthly subscription rate is $15 per month or $150 for a year. There are no additional fees or taxes and the subscription rate will not go up as long as you continue to subscribe. There is $40 router deposit that is when you unsubscribe and return the router and adapter.
Please read the description below for full details.
When you are ready to get started give us a call to schedule an appointment at 802-487-6042 or email to email@example.com.
Here is how you sign up for service:
- We will come to your home to install a router and make sure it is working properly. You’ll get a network ID and Security Key at that time.
- We generally let you try the system at no charge up to one month to make sure it will meet your needs.
- When you are ready to enroll you can come in to our office on School Street or call to have us come back to your home. There is a short enrollment form to fill out. Your first subscription fee is due on or before the 7th of the month following enrollment. For example, if you enroll on January 16, your first subscription fee is due on or before February 7.
- There is a refundable router deposit of $40 per router due with your first subscription fee. The deposit will be returned at termination of contract and return of equipment.
- The monthly fee is $20 per month ($15 per month for first 20 subscribers) or $200 for the year ($150 for the year for first 20 subscribers.
- There are no long-term contracts, or hidden taxes or fees.
- We encourage subscribers to sign up for an automatic monthly or yearly deduction from a bank account or credit card. Less hassle for both if us!
- If you choose to meet your commitment by cash or check monthly, your first subscription fee will be due on or before the 7th of the month to cover the period from the 7th to the 6th of the following month. You can mail a check to arrive by the 7th to Newport Wireless Mesh 316 Main Street, Newport Vermont, 05855 or drop by the office at The 99 on School Street afternoons Monday through Friday and Sunday. A receipt will be e-mailed to you.
- If you are unable to meet your monthly commitment, internet access will be discontinued until you are able to do so. This is so that Newport Wireless Mesh can provide sufficient bandwidth to ensure a good user experience for all subscribers.
- We are a Vermont non-profit organization. Service is funded entirely by subscribers and gifts from donors.